AB3, Host of The Bryant Land Show, interviews Wade Truong and Rachel Owen, Founders of Elevated Wild. Wade and Rachel are a couple that talk about their shared passion for hunting and cooking, creating Elevated Wild, how they began their journeys, and they describe the types of hunts they enjoy in Virginia.
- Does AB3 hunt on public land?
- AB3 shares his advice for African Americans hunting on public land.
- AB3 introduces Wade Truong and Rachel Owen.
- What are Wade’s inspirations for recipes?
- Where did Wade’s parents come from and what was their experience like moving to Virginia?
- Was Wade’s hunting self-taught?
- What got Rachel Owen involved in hunting and cooking?
- Rachel Owen talks about being a forager.
- What are their favorite types of hunts?
- What defines their hunting lifestyles?
- Which animals do they hunt in Virginia?
- What is their secret to cooking ham?
- Look for the Bass Pro Shop links on BryantLandCountry.com.
3 Key Points:
- Wade likes having decoys involved in hunting, ‘counterfeiting a scenario’ and tricking an animal on their own terms.
- All the emotions and sweat equity associated with hunting and earning the food are wrapped up into Wade’s passion for hunting.
- Anything that you cook for 200 degrees for a long time is going to end up dry