AB3, Host of The Bryant Land Country Podcast, talks with Torica Whitty, Tournament Site Director at Women’s Bass Tour, wife, veteran, pro angler, public speaker, videographer, Bassin by faith, who is based in Rosepine, Louisiana. Torica Whitty talks about how she got involved in fishing and became a competitive angler, discrimination issues in fishing, her loyalty to her sponsors, and ways she encourages girls, women, and family members to get into fishing.
- AB3 is going to be talking about gift ideas for hunters on upcoming episodes.
- AB3 is working on a book about his hunting experiences.
- Torica Whitty talks about her daddy/daughter fishing days.
- Torica’s husband introduced her to bass fishing but he isn’t into fishing.
- Who helped get Torica prepared for fishing?
- How did Torica go from the Army to bass fishing, to being a competitive angler?
- Torica talks about the current discrimination that she has seen in the sport of fishing.
- How has Torica Whitty chosen companies to partner with?
- Does Torica do things to encourage women and girls to get involved in fishing?
- What advice does Torica have to get kids interested in fishing?
- What is the next big thing coming up for Torica Whitty
- When Torica is not fishing, she is into riding motorcycles.
3 Key Points:
- Loyalty is not always a two-way street. But the most loyal people demand it in the industry.
- Spike-It and Power-Pole are company sponsors that have been loyal to Torica Whitty and what she is doing.
- Torica Whitty recommends spending time with your family members to get them hooked on fishing by bonding and making it fun.