AB3, Host of The Bryant Land Show, talks with Delvin Terry from Dayton Ohio, Founder of The Houndsmen of America, helping inner-city kids get involved in the outdoors. Delvin Terry shares his knowledge of running dogs, the types of dogs that he utilizes while hunting, the nutritional aspect of training dogs, what he has learned from his elders, and establishing The Houndsmen of America.
- AB3 sends his condolences to Marquis Coastin whose wife lost her battle with cancer.
- AB3 introduces the guest William “Bubba” Ray.
- Did Delvin play sports while he was growing up?
- His father was an avid coon hunter.
- What types of dogs does Delvin Terry use for hunting?
- Delvin Terry trains and works the dogs himself.
- How often is he working with his dogs?
- How heavy is Delvin into nutrition with his dogs?
- What types of safety precautions does Delvin take?
- Delvin shares a story about when his dog was shot.
- He also uses dogs for hunting birds.
- What types of competitions is Delvin interested in getting involved in?
- Delvin Terry explains the brand of The Houndsmen of America.
- Respect your elders that came before you and learn from them.
3 Key Points:
- Delvin Terry likes a dog that will typically run between a 5-7 speed, sometimes an 8 speed.
- Safety precautions are important, such as calling out to your partners to see where they are located to not be in each other’s range of fire and wearing hunter orange.
- In Ohio, you aren’t allowed to run deer dogs.