Episode 92: “Hunting Gadgets”
Now more than ever, there are a ton of bow hunting gadgets available on the market. While AB3 tells us that he’s all about staying cutting edge, by the same token, he’s a firm believer in packing light. Today, he talks about the two gadgets that he never leaves home and goes into the woods without.
- Finding a system that works for you
- The many benefits of bringing your phone with you in the woods
- How rangefinders save you time during hunting season
- Gadgetsversus equipment
Two Essential Gadgets to Bring on Your Hunt
- Cellphone. Besides the obvious benefit of being able to stay in touch with the rest of the world, particularly in the case of an emergency, having a cellphone with you in the woods also allows you to check useful tools such as a compass and flashlight, and apps for deer forecasting, weather, and mapping (AB3 personally uses the onX Hunt App).
- Rangefinder. Traditional bowhunters tend to do without one; but AB3 prefers the accuracy of a good rangefinder, and to him, it’s a lifesaver. Deer, after all, are particularly unpredictable animals. AB3 ranges areas, and as long as a deer shows up within range of that area, his bow will be ready.