AB3, Host of The Bryant Land Show, interviews Gerald Anderson, Host of The Morning Smoke CLT podcast out of Charlotte, North Carolina Out of the Box. Gerald Anderson discusses his knowledge of cigars, including the differences between how they are made, the myths about cigars, humidors, and cigar lounges.
- onX Hunt, a sponsor of The Bryant Land Show, is a mapping technology app that helps you in the field to mark your stands, trail cameras, and trees you plan to climb.
- AB3 joined the Buckwild Hunt Club.
- AB3 introduces Gerald Anderson who talks about his college experiences.
- What made Gerald Anderson get into cigar culture?
- Is he more of a social cigar smoker or relaxing with one on his own?
- Gerald Anderson explains the difference between different cigars.
- Upper tier cigars that are $10 each or more are aged tobacco and smoke smoother and burn slower.
- What is the truth about Cuban cigars?
- Where are the best places typically to buy quality cigars?
- What part does the humidor have in the cigar process?
- Gerald Anderson discusses cigar lounges.
- Eat first before you smoke cigars.
- What advice does Gerald Anderson have regarding good cigars?
- Gerald talks about his podcast and feedback he has received.
- Look for the Bass Pro Shop links on BryantLandCountry.com.
- Support onX Hunt, a sponsor of The Bryant Land Showat onxmaps.com.
3 Key Points:
- Gerald Anderson’s fascination with cigars happened 10 years ago at a friend’s whiskey party, paring different drinks with different cigars.
- Hand-rolled cigars use whole leaves, they smell better and smoke better than machine-made, and the smoke isn’t as toxic for you because there are no chemicals; just wrappers, tobacco, and fire.
- Cigarettes are about 90% chemicals and 10% tobacco. Cigars are 100% cured tobacco.