AB3, Host of The Bryant Land Show, comes through with the second installment of Follow the Recipe to finesse your way through some delicious meals. Follow the Receipt Part 1 from episode 67 covered what you could do in the kitchen after you go hunting for deer and hog meat. This time around, AB3 covers ducks, turkeys, and geese.
- AB3 is going to dive into recipes for ducks, turkeys, and geese.
- How does AB3 like to season and prepare wild turkey breast?
- AB3 talks about smoking wild turkey breasts.
- He injects Tony’s Cajun Butter in different spots of the turkey to marinade it.
- Goose is red meat so you have to cook it like you would a red meat.
- AB3 shares the three ways that he prepares geese.
- How does he like to cook his duck meat?
- Italian dressing works well with duck meat because it has its own oil already to help with the moisture and to keep the flavor.
- How does he approach roasted duck?
- AB3 is looking forward to going on an axis deer hunt and an elk hunt.
- Look for the Bass Pro Shop links on BryantLandCountry.com.
3 Key Points:
- Turkey is a meat that gets really dry really fast. Smoking turkey breasts is AB3’s favorite way to do them.
- The three ways AB3 likes to prepare geese are: Dr. Pepper and orange juice marinade, Lawry’s Hawaiian Sauce marinade, and on an old-fashioned grill.
- You can use duck meat for a deer/duck gumbo, you can breast the ducks out, pan searing, grilling, and marinade with Italian dressing.