AB3, Host of The Bryant Land Show, talks with Jonathan Wilkins, owner of Black Duck Revival, a former church transformed into a hunting lodge in Brinkley, Arkansas. Jonathan, a returning guest to the show, has a discussion with AB3 about his first duck hunting trip and his best hunt, how he started Black Duck Revival, changes in water levels, and expanding your duck hunting knowledge base.
- AB3 introduces the guest Jonathan Wilkins.
- Has Jonathan made any changes to Black Duck Revival?
- Jonathan talks about going on a flooded timber hunt with AB3.
- What about Jonathan’s best hunt sticks out to him?
- Keep learning and applying your knowledge.
- It is gratifying to be able to pass down knowledge that you learned.
- Jonathan talks about being a black hunter.
- What does success look like to Jonathan Wilkins?
- Jonathan talks about changes in water levels.
- What types of water gages does Jonathan check?
- What will the Black Duck Revival for January 23-26th 2020 be like?
- Was it hard to blindly reach out to people for the Revival?
- People know deep down whether they have earned something or not.
- Does he have plans for another Revival?
- Nothing but struggle is not a receipt for growth.
- Jonathan Wilkins talks about fishing in his area.
3 Key Points:
- There is a reward within itself to improving from being a novice hunter to intensifying your knowledge.
- Your standards for success will evolve and keep changing.
- Access plays a big role in people getting involved in duck hunting.