AB3, Host of The Bryant Land Country Podcast, talks with Darryl Moore, Drake Waterfowl Expert and a Mossy Oak Brand Ambassador with a passion for duck hunting in Arkansas. Darryl shares how he got involved in fishing and duck hunting professionally, what type of equipment and tactics he utilizes while hunting, as well as personal stories about his tournament experiences.
- AB3 introduces guest Darryl Moore.
- How did Darryl Moore get involved in hunting and the great outdoors?
- Does Darryl fish professionally or for the love of it?
- What is flipping as it pertains to fishing?
- How did he get involved in tournaments?
- When he fishes in these tournaments, do they launch at different times?
- What is the number one thing you have to have to fish professionally?
- Does Darryl aim to fish professionally full-time?
- Does Darryl bow hunt?
- How does Darryl Moore do his duck season?
- How has Darryl Moore had so much success with duck hunting on public land?
- Is Darryl only focusing on Arkansas for duck hunting?
- What type of equipment is Darryl using when ducks are close?
- What part of the season is best for flooded timber?
- Does Darryl hunting differently when he is in a competition?
- Darry Moore talks about his dog.
3 Key Points:
- To fish professionally in tournaments you need confidence, patience, and consistency.
- In Arkansas, you can have your boat in the water but you can’t go through the gate until 4AM or you will get a ticket.
- Darryl Moore calls Arkansas ‘the duck capital of the world.’