AB3, Host of The Bryant Land Country Podcast, talks with Corey Bryant (no relation to AB3) President of the Buckwild Hunting Club in Sparta, Georgia. Corey talks about the growth of the Buckwild Hunting Club, an all-black hunting club that has expanded from 50 acres in Buckhead, Georgia to just under 2400 acres in Sparta, Georgia.
- Corey Bryant talks about how the Buckwild Hunting Club started and expanded.
- What issues has the hunting club faced?
- Who taught Corey about hunting?
- What is the Quality Deer Management like in Sparta, Georgia?
- What does the club’s membership look like these days?
- What is the size of the primary area of the Buckwild Hunting Club and do they divide up the area for members?
- What is Corey Bryant’s hunting style?
- Corey Bryant shares a personal story about a ground blind experience.
- What types of bows does Corey use for hunting and competing?
- What is easier for hunting, Georgia or in the MidWest?
- Doe the Buckwild Hunting Club keep track of hunting records?
- In 2008, Corey Bryant’s father passed away and it had a strong impact on the club.
- There is a rich history of black hunting clubs.
3 Key Points:
- Corey Bryant’s father started the Buckwild Hunting Club 37 years ago with four other gentlemen.
- You are out there hunting for fun. The deer is out there for their life.
- The Buckwild Hunting Club gives out a trophy for the biggest buck killed on opening day and a trophy for the biggest buck killed all year.