AB3, Host of The Bryant Land Show, interviews Kyle Davidson, Owner of DCA Custom Arrows in Noblesville, Indiana, offering custom tuned and built arrows based off the bow’s IBO (speed rating), shooter’s draw length and draw weight. Kyle Davidson discusses how he mixes engineering, ingenuity, and a lot of creativity into building some of the best arrows for the archery world.
- AB3 introduces his guest Kyle Davidson.
- As a mechanical engineer, what made Kyle take what he knew and apply it to constructing arrows?
- What is RND?
- What was Kyle’s research and development process like?
- People seem to spend all kinds of money on archery equipment except for arrows, which is the part that actually hits the target.
- AB3 and Kyle share memories of tinkering with archery equipment.
- There are many variables that affect how well you are shooting your arrows.
- How did Kyle Davidson get involved in tournaments?
- Kyle loves to spend time experimenting on arrows.
- What is the difference between mechanical blade versus a fixed blade?
- If the arrow is curving while it is flying, it won’t drive into the animal.
- Kyle talks about the force and diameters of arrows.
- What are some ways to test arrows?
- About 80% of Kyle’s shots are either 9 yards or 100 yards.
- They talk about getting started with bow hunting and buck hunting.
- Could he see himself transitioning to working on arrows full-time?
- The world unfortunately is full of products that over promise and under deliver.
- Look for the Bass Pro Shop links on BryantLandCountry.com.
3 Key Points:
- A well-tuned arrow is more accurate than just an expensive arrow.
- Kyle Davidson has somewhere around 30 patents.
- Mechanically speaking, Kyle finds the Iron Will flying broadheads to be superior.